Bison Breaky...Taco bout' delish!
Another awesome recipe from mealplanaddict.com . Who knew bison was a breakfast meat? Well now you do. You can use either the regular fry sausage or the Italian fry sausage for this recipe. Don't forget to tag us #DRBISON with your versions.
DALZIEL RANCHES BISON BREAKFAST TACOS
4 Dalziel Ranches Bison sausages, removed from casings.
1/2 cup diced onion
12 small tortillas
Salt & Pepper to taste
Topping options/ ideas: cheese, sour cream, salsa, red onion, cilantro.
1. In a frying pan, on medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
2. Add the onion and cook until translucent (just a few minutes)
3. Beat the eggs well. Pour into the skillet with the sausage.
4. Stir often, until the eggs are cooked.
5. Divide the sausage mixture evenly between the tortillas, placing it in the center of each.
6. Pro tip – warm up your tortillas in the microwave for a quick 10 seconds to prevent them from ripping on you.
7. Add desired toppings, and enjoy!
8. Got left overs? The egg filling is freezer friendly on its own. Or make the tacos more like quesadillas. Freeze on a sheet pan, and once frozen transfer to freezer friendly container.
This is a large serving recipe. You can easily half this recipe for smaller quantities
Until next time eat well!