Well she did it again, another amazing recipe from @mealplanaddict Steph. #mealplanaddict The bison meat just melts in your mouth and the sauce is packed with flavor, a quick and easy set it and forget it for the busy days all while using an economical cut while still keeping that rich bison flavour and tenderness. Show us your version of this recipe by tagging #drbison on Instagram!
Bison Stroganoff Recipe
2 lbs beef stew meat cubes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup diced onions
1 cup beef broth
2 cups mushrooms, quartered
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch + 1/4 cup water (to thicken)
1/2 cup sour cream
Serve on egg noodles or rice.
Instant Pot Directions
1. Place all ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and sour cream into the pot.
2. Secure the lid, set to sealed.
3. Set the pot to high pressure for 20 minutes. During this time prepare your pasta or rice according to the directions on the box.
4. After the pressure cycle, allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release then, quick release the remaining pressure.
5. In a small bowl make the cornstarch slurry and add it to the pot. Allow 3-4 minutes for the mixture to thicken. Stir in sour cream.
6. Serve on rice or egg noodles.
Slow Cooker Directions
1. Place all ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and sour cre
am into the pot.
2. Cook on high for 6-8 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
3. Add the cornstarch slurry in the last hour of cooking.
4. Add the sour cream just before serving.
5. Prepare your rice or noodles on the stove top in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Until next time, stay safe and eat well. Don't forget to follow us and Steph on Instagram @drbisonlife and @mealplanaddict